19 February 2011

Before i learnt to draw.

I just came across one of my old sketchbooks from college that i absolutely loved and became obsessed with. I remember filling the whole book in like a week! It was a mixture of old photographs of my family and friends, found items and type. I have scanned a few of the pages for you to look at, but im afraid the feel and texture of the book does not shine through.

I would love to work this way again, it was so much fun, experimenting with negative space, textures and weights of paper and also the scale of the imagery i chose to use. Maybe one day i can try to introduce my drawings to this way of working and allow myself to be a lot free-er if thats even a word, ok loose.

Let me know what you think, this could be the start of something interesting.











1 comment:

  1. Love the look of this sketchbook. I always think old photos have so much more character and I really like the Miracles happen page, it would look great in a white frame. x

    ReplyDelete